What to know before you purchase a new roof:
We understand that getting a new roof can be a considerable investment of your money and mental energy dealing with roofing contractors.
This is why we have made our process of helping homeowners install a new roof as simple as possible. We don’t use any high-pressure sales techniques; our goal is to find the right fit, the perfect shingles, and the right price for you!
Keep reading to get some of the most frequently asked roofing questions answered!
ROI on a new roof.
You might not know that a NEW ROOF has a high return on investment. Most homeowners, on average, can recoup up to 80% of the cost of a new roof when they go to sell their home. A brand new roof offers highly desirable warranties that home buyers covet! If you live in Boise, you will want to make sure your roof is warranted!
How much does a new roof cost?
A new roof costs anywhere from $4,000 for a townhome to $16,000+ for a larger home. This range is based on things like the size of the roof, features, and shingle type.
Roof costs are calculated based on what is called a “Square.” A square refers to 100 square feet of shingles. Factors that determine the amount of “Squares” required for your Boise, ID roof include the size of your home, the pitch, the slope, and eaves/crevasses.
A typical single-family home requires approximately 20 square, but we use GPS measurements to determine the exact amount!
How do you know if a Boise, ID roofing company is a good company?
We understand that selecting the RIGHT roofing company isn’t always easy. That is why we strive to make it as easy as possible. We offer tons of great info for homeowners to truly feel confident when it comes to replacing their home’s roof with a new roof. See below how to know what to look for with a roofing company in our Best Roofing Companies in Boise, ID article!
What type of shingles are there?
When it comes to a new roof in Boise ID – you have a few options regarding your roof’s shingles. Most homeowners go with asphalt shingles. There are the builder-grade “Three Tab” shingles which we do not install and the heavy-duty, aesthetically pleasing architectural shingles. These are sometimes called dimensional shingles and these are the only asphalt shingles we install!
What type of roofing shingle is the best?
Your roof’s shingles do matter for durability and longevity. Most homeowners go with asphalt shingles because they’re affordable and durable. The most common “Three Tab” shingles are not allowed in some states, and Boise, Idaho, is one of those states where you can’t install three-tab shingles as they are being phased out. Heavy-duty architectural shingles and designer shingles are not only more popular, but they are also longer lasting.
An architectural shingle, also known as a “dimensional” or “laminate” shingle, is durable, with multiple layers of asphalt melded together. This gives a dimensional look similar to wood shake shingles, but they’re cheaper to install and more durable. Oh yeah, they don’t rot either, as wood does!
What areas do you install new roofs & serve?
Legacy Roofing proudly serves the following areas for new roofs and roof replacements: Boise, Caldwell, Eagle, Emmett, Garden City, Homedale, Kuna, Marsing, Melba, Meridian, Middleton, Mountain Home, Nampa, Notus, Star, and Wilder.
If you are looking for a new roof in the Treasure Valley, we are here to help!
How long does a new roof last?
We get the new roof durability question often and here is the answer:
- A new roof with architectural asphalt shingles should last 15 to 30 years. In our case, combined with the product warranty and proper installation, you shouldn’t worry about a new roof once you replace your old one. A metal roof lasts 40 to 50 years but is also more expensive.
What kind of roof is best for me?
We know picking out a new roof might be new to you, so we make the process easy. A new roof should fit your needs, which includes:
- Budget. Does a new roof fit your budget? Is it a need or a want? We help you answer these questions and select the best roof for your budget!
- Shingles & Style. What color shingles do you prefer? Are you replacing old shingles with new architectural shingles or perhaps even a metal roof? What about the look and style you want your house to give? We can help you answer these questions and more!
- Durability & Warranty. Don’t just select a roof because it’s cheap or you like the color. You have to always remember a new roof needs to be durable and come with a great product warranty! GAF-certified warranties are the best in the industry!
Reputable Roofing Company in Boise, Idaho
Are you looking for a reputable roofing company in Boise, ID or the surrounding area? Sometimes it might be hard to find a roofing contractor you trust!
We understand that when dealing with contractors – especially those who sell roofs – the experience can be a little frustrating. You may have had a roofing company that:
- Uses high-pressure sales 😫 (we don’t do it!)
- Do not return calls or emails 📲 (we do!)
- Makes you manage the project 😱
- Never answers your questions ⁉
- Isn’t transparent about pricing 💸
Here at Legacy Roofing of Idaho, we GUARANTEE to answer your calls, meet project timelines, help you with any questions, and make your new roof experience the best!