Are you looking for a roofing contractor in Boise to help with a roof repair? Sometimes, finding a reputable roofing company is easier said than done.
A professional roofing company that offers roofing repairs, new roofs, and expert shingle advice is exactly what you need when you have a roofing issue. That is why today, we will share with you the key steps to find a great roofing contractor in Boise ID and the surrounding Treasure Valley! Additionally, the team here at Legacy Roofing Idaho will walk you through what to look for!
Let’s begin by tackling the difference between a roof repair and a roof replacement.
Roofing Services: What is a roof repair vs roof replacement?
Your home’s roof serves as its first defense against the weather. Hot summers in Boise, followed by harsh winters, can bring a variety of storms, wind, hail, and other elements that can be hard on your roof. While a solid roofing system can withstand these weather conditions, older roofs may not.
In some cases, if you have roofing damage, like missing roofing shingles, you can get a simple repair or a full roof replacement. Sometimes, the two can be a bit confusing so we will clarify below:
- Roof Repairs: Fixing or correcting an existing roofing issue, such as a missing shingle or roof leak. Encompasses only a specific area and not the entire roof.
- Roof Replacement: A roof replacement is when the entire existing roofing system is torn off (aside from the decking), the decking is inspected, and a new roof is installed. This consists of the roofing underlayment and new asphalt shingles.
Depending on your roofing project, the right roofing company will help you correctly identify what you need! Now that you know the difference, what should you know about roofing contractors and how to hire one for a roof repair?
What to look for in a roofing contractor in Boise:
To help, you can use this short list of what to look for in selecting a roofing company that is best for your home:
- Has past experience and ability to work with insurance companies
- Google reviews matter
- Possesses high-quality workmanship and credibility
- Price isn’t everything but is affordable with quality
- Is efficient and prompt
- Is a local company to the area (in this case Boise, not from out of town)
- Is NOT A STORM CHASING company
It is always best to work with local contractors who know the area because they offer the most quality and craftsmanship (think about it: they have to work in the area all the time). They also know what products work best!
Roofing Company Boise – Why Legacy Roofing:
What should you look for when you are considering hiring a roofing contractor? Regarding residential roofing systems, most Boise roofers can install a new roof. However, a roofing repair requires expertise that only an experienced roofing company can provide.
The team here at Legacy Roofing recognizes that all of these things matter when getting a roof repair:
- Providing high-quality work and roofing materials
- Adhering to scheduling and quoting timelines
- Staying up to date with the most recent roofing trends and research
- No high-pressure sales techniques when you need a roof replacement
- A transparent and simple process that is easy to understand for you the homeowner
- Insurance company experience (we can help you with this tedious process)
- 500+ new roofs installed
- 120+ five star reviews on Google!
Since our start in 2020, Legacy Roofing has helped over 500 Treasure Valley and Boise ID, homeowners with their roofs! We have helped homeowners with their asphalt shingle roofs and metal roofs. To get an instant roofing repair quote, simply tap below:
The roofing services we offer to Boise, ID residents and the surrounding area include:
Identifying Roofing Damage
Most homeowners are not certified professionals when it comes to roofing. We get it. A professional roofing company can easily identify roofing damage after completing a full inspection. However, what are the warning signs you should be aware of? Below are some of the tips we recommend keeping in mind, especially if you have an old roof:
- Missing shingles (obvious sign)
- Hail damage (dark spots on roof, not always obvious)
- Roof leaks (notice leaking roof usually occurring in the ceiling of home)
- Note: Commercial roofs may have different warning signs, the obvious being a roof leak. A leaking roof is usually easy to spot. For commercial roofing contractors, this process is sometimes different from residential roofing systems.
Roofing Products & Shingles
GAF in particular, is one of the leading companies when it comes to manufacturing asphalt shingles. Specifically, the tried-and-true architectural laminate roofing shingles called “Timberline” replicate the appearance of cedar shake roofing, making your home’s roof look fantastic.
Aesthetically pleasing is one factor, but the durability and product warranty are why we prefer these shingles, as they can withstand varying degrees of wind and are backed by the manufacturer’s warranty!
Additionally, as most residential roofs in Boise are sloped, the aesthetics of the chosen materials should reflect your style and flow with the design of the rest of the home. We can help you with every aspect; start here!
Roof Repair Boise – How to Choose Roofing Contractors:
With so many roofing companies in every city, Boise and the surrounding area is no different. It might be hard to “Nail Down” the best roofing company near you!
That is why we wrote an article, “Top Roofers in Boise,” where you can look at the top 10 roofing companies in the area that also do an amazing job (Buckaroo Construction, Lafever Roofing, etc).
We recognize that this is no different than most other roofing companies. Listing our roofing companies’ services doesn’t make us stand out. Instead, we focus on fostering a strong relationship with homeowners and serving in every way possible.
How our process works:
- It starts with first visiting your home to assess the condition of your current roof. If we notice missing shingles, visible damage, and other issues, we immediately know there is at least some roofing work to be done (either a roofing repair or a roof replacement).
- Roof Inspection: We never make an assumption, and after inspecting the roof, the plywood below the shingles, and assessing the roof’s age, we properly inform the homeowner of what we would recommend.
- Before calling, we recommend homeowners to always look at their roofs for noticeable and visible damage. But we know that sometimes roofing issues are not apparent to the eye, and things like soft spots, damaged plywood, missing seals, and/or capping exist high up on your roof!
- Honesty: Legacy Roofing takes pride in being the leading roofing company in Boise, so we are always very transparent with homeowners regarding their roofs! If we think a new, complete roof replacement makes sense, we let you know.
Whereas some companies might always say a new roof is necessary, we always factor in things like the age of the existing roof, the cost of a new roof, warranty info, and more to make sure we help homeowners make the best choice for them!
Additionally, one thing we take ample pride in at Legacy Roofing Boise ID is ensuring we not only have quick turnaround times on roof replacement jobs but also stick to self-imposed deadlines when it comes to meeting with homeowners! We use ZERO high-pressure sales or door-knocking techniques in addition to always being on time for an appointment!
See and learn more about the Legacy Roofing roof replacement process!
Learn about the pricing model and cost guide for a new roof!
Get to know more about the most frequently asked roofing questions!
Final Legacy Roofing Roofing Thoughts:
The best roofers in Boise ID work in a timely manner and are always honest. That is the easiest way to summarize this entire article. When you have found those ingredients, you have the right roofer!
You may or may not know that your roof is fundamental in protecting your house from Mother Nature, but the top is also imperative in conserving energy and helping with curb appeal. But you know that a family-owned and operated company that can offer professional help is better than a large roofing contractor who comes from out of town.
If you have an honest roofing contractor help you, they will help you decide whether you need a roof repair Boise ID or a new roof replacement. A new roof is not only a great selling point if you’re looking to sell in the next few years, but studies have shown the return on investment for a new roof can be 70-80%. Not to mention, the new architectural shingles are much more aesthetically pleasing than the old three-tab shingles.
This means a new roof is almost always worth the price, especially when needed! To help, we have assembled a complete roofing library full of resources for you to learn about!
Other Service Areas:
In addition to serving Boise areas like Franklin Rd, Wright St, Carol St, Overland Rd, and Wildwood St, we also serve the following cities and locations in the Treasure Valley: